Sonntag, 28. April 2013

Mission Cycling Club / Paradise Loop


So today the plan was to join the Mission Cycling Club for their Sunday tour, at 1030 at the meeting point (south Golden Gate) I seemed to have missed them. But I was not the only one. Ilia had the same problem as me and after a short chat he agreed to team up and he suggested a nice ride, being the Paradise Loop. If Nomen est Omen, what could have gone wrong here? Well, as it turned out Ilia was a 29 year old Hedge Fund Manager out of SF who was just making a final training tour for a half Iron Man Triathlon (1.9 km swimming, 90 km bike and 21.1 km running) next Saturday and that was exactly the pace we were running at. The first half I could not do much more than cling to his rear wheel.

You will notice that there are no photos in this Post. The reason is simple. We didn’t stop to make any! For those who know the area, you will know that it is packed with cyclists (especially on a Sunday) and we were not overtaken by a single one the whole ride. At the end, when the pace became a bit more humane, I could even take the lead on some stretches and give Ilia some tail wind. We even found the time to discuss the future of the Euro, which was of great interest to Ilia.  

From what I have notice out of the corner of the eyes the loop must indeed be very beautiful, however I need to do it once more with a bit more leisure to really know for sure.

Tomorrow I will start for a little tour that will take me first to Reno, NV to get me rich. On Tuesday I plan to cycle around the “big blue” Lake Tahoe and Wednesday Yosemite National Park is on the list. Thursday I will be back in Santa Rosa.

Radroute 2087305 - powered by Bikemap 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen